C-Shore Creations, Inc. dba Your Stamping Cottage

C-Shore Creations Featuring Close To My Heart! As a Supervisor for Close To My Heart, I now offer classes in my home in Hebron in which you can indulge in many of the arts including stamping, scrapbooking and much more. You must register for each class in advance in order for there to be enough supplies. I am also available to have a gathering in your home or you can schedule a Facebook party with me. Give me a call at 859-466-2164. I can't wait to meet you!

Friday, January 22, 2010

15 and 16 of 365




Obviously, you can see that one is a card and one is a scrapbook layout. I actually made two of the cards. One for each of my daughters. The stamps are by Close to My Heart and were given to me by my dear friend Kathleen. I stamped the girl in Versamark and applied Sparkle N Sprinkle Lagoon Blue embossing powder. I then stamped the sentiment on the small oval in Marvy #10 Lt. Blue. The sentiment was too long for the oval, so since it was a clear stamp, I curved it on the block so that it would fit. "Be Yourself...everyone else is taken." My girls are definately "themselves". I then used my nestabilities and cut out the scallops out of a piece of glitter cardstock. Pop dotted them onto glitter white cardstock after adhering really cool rick rack that actually sparkles. The whole thing was matted on silver cardstock. I'm please with the results.
Now to the scrapbook page. DD2 has never scrapbooked before. She will be 22 in less than 2 weeks. Can you believe a child of mine who has NEVER scrapbooked before. Even DS has done it once or twice. He doesn't care for it, but he'll do it for mom. Well, anyway when she was home in December, she had some really great pics of Dan the Man (mentioned below with his card) and herself and she decided she wanted to scrapbook them. I literally gave her no direction and she took off. (Of course, using any and all of my stuff she wanted). She had a piece of green fuzzy cardstock and cut out the "green" freehanded. She then stamped Riley Moose golfing and cut him out. I had some buttons of golf balls, etc. (don't ask...I buy any and everything that I think I will someday use...and look...I was right!) She cut the shanks off the back of the buttons and attached them. The sentiment says "It's never to cold ... to golf". I'm not sure if they were in Florida or Maryland when this pic was taken, but I thought it was a GREAT page, especially for a novice. She did several more and maybe I'll share them here over the next few weeks. I really miss her! For that matter, DD1 is still in NY with her fiance who just got back from Afghanistan, and I really miss her too! And then there is DS, who is away at college and extrememly busy with his horn. I miss him horribly! Well, this is what we raise our children to do. Be independent. It just seems like yesterday that they were all here and it was chaos. Oh, that's right, it was last month. LOL. There's is something to be said about peace and quiet. It's all good.
I will post two cards each day until I get caught up. I apologize for being remiss this week. It's just been weird. And now to get cleaned up for Baker's Dozen tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday. 'Til tomorrow!

No comments: