C-Shore Creations, Inc. dba Your Stamping Cottage

C-Shore Creations Featuring Close To My Heart! As a Supervisor for Close To My Heart, I now offer classes in my home in Hebron in which you can indulge in many of the arts including stamping, scrapbooking and much more. You must register for each class in advance in order for there to be enough supplies. I am also available to have a gathering in your home or you can schedule a Facebook party with me. Give me a call at 859-466-2164. I can't wait to meet you!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Altered State of Mind

It's the last day of May and I can't believe that the year is flying by so fast. It must be something that happens when you get "old". I always thought that old is a state of mind. June is going to be a milestone month for me as I turn 50. I used think 50 was old, but now I know that it is only the beginning. The beginning of the second half my life. The beginning of my figuring out what I want to be when I grow up. I have a dear friend I call "Butterfly". I relate 50 to a butterfly. I've been sitting here for 50 years in my cocoon and now, I will change into the butterfly and spread my wings and see what new things I discover. "Change". That will be a topic for another day along with all the brain "fog" that comes with it, lol.

I belong to an altered art club called "Altered State of Mind". We've done "tip-in's", tags, and all kinds of cool things. Currently, we're going through Bernie Berlin's ATC book and playing with the different techniques. In April, the technique in the book was all about watercolor and baby wipes. I took some of the paper that I created with this technique and made this ATC. I stamped the flower image on it, adding some bling, (gotta love the bling!). I also stamped this really cool flower stamp by DRS. It has a place where you can cut the center out to run ribbon through it. My LSS got 5 of them in and of course I have to buy all 5. One is a butterfly and I'm sure that will be the next one I use. On the butterfly, you feed the ribbon through the body. Anyway, back to the ATC, I used clear embossing powder and glitter on the petals of the "ribbon flower". I then used Tim Holtz's distressing tool on the edges and inked the edges with Ranger's Dusty Concord Distress Ink for a much darker edge. Unfortunately, with the dark background, it's kinda hard to see the dark edges.

Enjoy your last day of May 2008. Make it an unbelievable day, doing whatever your heart desires, 'cause you will never have this day again! Go create something and get off the computer!

No comments: