C-Shore Creations, Inc. dba Your Stamping Cottage

C-Shore Creations Featuring Close To My Heart! As a Supervisor for Close To My Heart, I now offer classes in my home in Hebron in which you can indulge in many of the arts including stamping, scrapbooking and much more. You must register for each class in advance in order for there to be enough supplies. I am also available to have a gathering in your home or you can schedule a Facebook party with me. Give me a call at 859-466-2164. I can't wait to meet you!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ranger Crackle Paint

I thought this was an amazing product when it first came out several years ago.  Boy has my mind changed!

I have several bottles that I have never opened.  So today, with a little time to play, I decided to open them and "create".  Every single one of them, even though still sealed with plastic, has dried out!  These cost me over $6.00 a bottle!!  Nine bottles, two previously opened, seven dried out!  The two that were previously opened are okay.  I'm am fit to be tied!  So...

I googled homemade crackle paint.  Did you know you can make this with cheap Elmer's Glue?  It seems like every time I get creative, I come back to the tried and true...Elmer's!  This actually works!  It does take more time/steps, but it's so much more economical.  I will NOT buy any more Ranger Distress "Tim Holtz" crackle paint (know matter how much I love Tim).  They will not get my money when I can make it myself with Elmer's and create any color I want.

Hopefully, I'll have pictures soon to show you how it turns out!  Happy Crafting!

No comments: